Labels

December 11, 2010

Define Love

"I love you for no reason, but I hate you for many reasons..."
I created this quote yesterday. Inspired by....someone.
I think if we know why we love someone, it'll be easier for us to stop loving that person.

As for me, it's the love that makes me 'hate' someone. Non-sense, right? But I'm telling the truth. From love, I discover many reasons to 'hate' that someone. I used to keep wondering why people would say they hate their ex while they said they love their partner a lot when they were still together. Isn't it weird that at the moment you say you love, but the next day you say you hate him/her?

Well, I guess I now understand. The meaning behind the word "hate", is when you love someone too much to let them go, but too afraid to have them by your side, and not brave enough to tell him/her the truth. "Hate" when the person you love stop trying, show no efforts in working on the relationship-though I think maybe sometimes we were just making too many excuses in that case.

I never really believed in such thing called love, by the way. But now I'm saying it! Haha..
But if true love does exist, what is it that makes it 'true'?

People felt love in their own different ways, and there are many kinds of love, indeed. Parents' love, couples' love, God's love. If I were to define love in my version, I would say, love is a gift, a strong feeling that can't be described by words, yet should be shown by acts. Does it sounds very idealist? ;-)